Ms. Lee is a graduate of Utah State University. Upon Graduation, she worked as a social worker for the State of Utah as a foster care and then disabilities caseworker. After becoming a mom, she stayed home to raise her two girls, until life circumstances dictated she rejoin the workforce. To be with her girls during summers, Ms. Lee went through the process to become a teacher. She is now a level 2 teacher and has been teaching as a 2nd grade teacher at Legacy Preparatory Academy since 2009.
Ms. Lee feels blessed to work at a school which values the individual and where all teachers work together to help each student reach mastery and feel success. Every year, she is given the honor to influence children's lives, which she takes very seriously. To accomplish the goal in helping each individual, she runs her classroom based upon the following beliefs:
- Every child can learn.
- Every child learns differently.
- Learning needs to be interesting, varied, and fun, in order to keep students engaged.
- If high expectations are set, students will often meet or exceed those expectations.
- Classroom management is paramount to creating an optimum learning environment.
- Communication between parents, teachers, and student is key to academic and behavioral success.